Following on that which I posted a few days ago, “Osama Bin Laden killed, Why we should rejoice (but not gloat)”, here is another article regarding the West’s conscientious attitude and moral confusion on the same subject.
We should guard against adopting an attitude wherein we place social acceptance and tolerance of falsehood at the expense of God’s Truth, blessings and Grace. Like a thick blinding mist, the blizzard of affected opinions in the media, among political and religious leaders and other public commentators, prohibits us from simply doing what is right, by appealing to popular social morals.
The Bible does not speak in nuances, contain indirect and ambiguous references, or proffer the truth in gently tainted pastel shades, when it addresses the opponents of Jesus Christ.
In certain instances, the act of us being “non-offensive” to those opponents of our Faith, has taken on unbiblical importance and proportions, and elevates a form of undeserved compassion and worldly love towards unbelievers to an level which is above our righteous calling.
This then, also from the pen of Pastor Bill Randles:
Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,(Romans 1:21-22)One of the consequences of civilizational departure from faith in God, is the loss of a capacity for clear, decisive thinking among leadership. It is becoming increasingly obvious that God has indeed given our leaders over to this mental paralysis. Romans chapter 1 warns us that such consequences would come upon us,
The incredible events of the past week show that this is the case with the United States. I refer to the heroic special forces takedown of Osama Bin Laden and the resulting fallout.
First of all I thank God for his mercy, in granting us as a nation another taste of military success , by blessing the mission to take out the vicious terrorist, Osama Bin Laden. Because of God’s grace alone, there are still heroes in our midst in spite of our manifold national sins.
We have been blessed by God, and the willingness of brave men, with a great victory over an enemy of all that is dear to us, but we are conflicted as a people, on many counts.
* Why would we be conflicted about killing Osama Bin Laden? This mass murderer afflicted and taunted the West for more than ten years, destroyed our embassies and emboldened millions of muslims to wreak havoc around the globe in the name of Allah. He is the figurehead of the modern Jihad movement.
There have been 16,000 Muslim terror attacks around the globe since 9-11, billions of dollars have had to be spent in security measures, and hundreds of billions in military spending, and yet we act as though killing the human symbol of this mayhem is something to be sheepish about !
And yet these same “leaders” have had no compunction about the promotion of mass abortion,(the USA recently passed the 50,000,000th abortion milestone). They agonize over killing the guilty, but kill the innocent by the millions. Doesn’t God see this?
God has darkened the understanding of our “elites”. They Hate Him, therefore they “Love Death”(see Proverbs 8) . They no longer believe the West is worth preserving.
* Why shouldn’t we celebrate openly the death of the madman? – When the news came out that the enemy of our very civilization had been put to death, there was open celebration. Why not? We had spent treasure and spilled blood in response to the war this monster declared upon us, why shouldn’t we celebrate his demise? I for one am grateful that the last face Osama Bin Laden saw in this life, was an American GI.
Now we are supposed to be ashamed that we are happy about this? Can you imagine the World War 2 generation chiding themselves for rejoicing at Hitler’s death?
There is no equivalence between western crowds in streets celebrating the death of Bin Laden, a mass murderer, and Muslims in the streets of the middle east passing out candies and ululating over the cowardly slaughter of unsuspecting innocent “infidels” just trying to live productive lives. The one is a celebration of the restoration of civilization, the other is a celebration of the imposition of terror.
Remember that there is a Jewish feast of Purim, which is the celebration over the death of the Jew hating Haman, who like Bin Laden sought to eradicate the entire Jewish nation, but was hung on his own gallows. Like the Jews, we should celebrate the death of tyrants, while at the same time, take the occasion as a time to turn back to God.
* Why did we take the body of this mass murderer , prepare it for burial according to the tenets of the Islamic faith , and give him a 45 minute Muslim funeral in Arabic, with all hands on deck on a US warship?
After taking the trouble to personally kill Bin Laden, why the order to give him the honor of a Muslim funeral? Were we not told that Osama Bin Laden didn’t represent “real Islam”, but instead had hijacked the faith?
Our leaders are conflicted, they hate christianity, but seem to want to honor false, murderous ideologies such as Islam.This is a sign of God’s judgment.
* Our leaders are seeking to prosecute the very intelligence personnel who made the killing of Bin Laden possible!
Ironically, Osama Bin Laden was apprehended and killed because of enhanced intelligence, ie waterboarding, the very methods Obama and the current administration decried as possible war crimes! The Obama Justice Department is doggedly investigating the very operatives who in the Bush administration yielded the information that led to Bin Laden’s death. If they can, they will prosecute them as Obama receives the credit for the results of the work they have already done.
The godless are separated from the only true God, but they are still very religious. They do have scruples but they are perverted. Their sense of right and wrong is so convoluted they literally don’t know right from wrong!
*They have no problem with abortion, but they agonize over the targeted killing of a mass murderer.
* They hate the military, seeking to homosexualize it, forcing sailors, soldiers and airmen into sensitivity training in the middle of a war…but they are willing to reap the benefits of it for re-election.
* They hate religion, having waged a war against it in the west, (notably christianity), but honor at all costs and at all times Islam, the least tolerant and most openly hateful and bigoted religion the world has ever known.
This doesn’t end well. According to Psalm 2 the leaders, “the Kings of the earth and their rulers” have literally taken counsel together against the “Lord and His Christ”, to throw God’s chords off, and free society from his bondage. What we are seeing is only the beginning of the moral confusion.
The only advice I would give is to “seek the Lord while He can be found, call upon Him while He is near”, forsake your sins, turn to God, to the Bible, and to the Lord’s Christ, Jesus, who died for our sins that we might be reconciled to God. This world will not be saved, but you personally can be saved, “for whosoever shall call upon the Lord shall be saved…”(Romans 10:13)