Listen to sermon :
2 Timothy 3:1-5
Subject: The Judgment of God
Date: Tuesday Evening — March 23, 2010
Tape # Z-82b
Reading: Rex Bartley and Romans 1:14-42
We are living in perilous times! I cannot imagine a more difficult time in which to live for the glory of God, seeking to do the will of God. I cannot imagine a more difficult time in which to faithfully preach the Gospel of Christ.
The moral decadence around us is astonishing!
Even among those who profess to be the children of God, even among those who hold to the doctrines of the Gospel, the doctrines of grace. I see a general laxity, carelessness and open disregard for the love of God (Ephesians 4:17-20).
(Ephesians 4:17-20) “This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, 18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart: 19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. 20 But ye have not so learned Christ.”
The self-centered lawlessness of this age is shocking! There is, in our generation as never before, a general contempt for authority, which is just an outward expression of man’s contempt for God.
- Where is the child who respects the authority of his parents!
- Where is the student who respects the authority of his teachers!
- Where is the wife who respects the authority of her husband?
- Where is the man who respects the authority of civil government?
- Where is the politician, or elected official who respects the constitution he is sworn to uphold and serves the people he was elected to serve?
Yet, this is the most religious generation that has ever lived! Continue reading